|The following list is the Community/Scientific Advisory Board (C/SAB) which will be updated as new members join.
- Barbara S. Abbott, volunteer, AIDS Community Resources, Watertown, NY
- Irl Barefield, Executive Director (ret.), AIDS Research Alliance
- Louise Binder, Chair, Canadian Treatment Action Council, Toronto, Ontario. and Co-Chair on the
Canadian government's Ministerial Council on HIV/AIDS. Vice-Chair of Voices of Positive Women,
on the Community Advisory Committee of the Canadian Trials Network and the HIV/AIDS Ethics Review Committee of University of Toronto.
- Fred Blair, L.Ac., co-formulator of ViraPhyte formula, researcher, practitioner.
- Gerard Bodeker, EdD, Chair, GIFTS of Health & CWG, Green College, University of Oxford (GIFTS stands for Global Initiative for Traditional Systems of Health)
- Gus Cairns, Editor in Chief, Positive Nation Magazine, the UK Coalition of People Living with HIV and AIDS (UKC), London
- Richard Elion, MD, ABFP, Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, George Washington University School of Medicine
- Ken Fornataro, Executive Director, AIDS Treatment Data Network
- Hassan Gibbs, Philadelphia FIGHT, ACT UP/Philadelphia
- Elias Guerrero, MD, MPA, Consulting Medical Director for the Institute for Authentic Process Healing (IAPH) in New York; consultant to the National Hispanic Medical Association and Hispanic Serving Health Professions Schools, Inc. Washington, D.C.
- In memoriam: Carlton Hogan
- Tim Horn, Executive Editor, Physicians' Research Network
- Richard Jeffreys, Basic Science Project Director, Treatment Action Group (TAG)
- Jon D. Kaiser, MD, Integrative Health Consulting, Inc.
- Karen Kaplyn, HIV/AIDS Program Officer, International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC)
- Harold Kooden, Ph.D., PWA, author of Golden Men: The Power of Gay Midlife with Charles Flowers. There is life and love after 50!
- Steve Kovacev, willing long term survivor of spiritual, traditional, alternative medicine; not-quite-so-willing medical human test subject, Marathoner, Board Member Provincetown Positive People with AIDS Coalition
- Stanley Krippner, Ph.D. professor of psychology at
Saybrook Graduate School, San Francisco, is a Fellow in three APA divisions, and former president of two divisions, San Francisco, CA.
- James Learned, Director of Treatment Education, Community Research Initiative on AIDS*
- Janet Mindes, Ph.D., Rosenthal Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine and Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Research in Aging and Women's Health Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Bob Munk, Coordinator, New Mexico AIDS InfoNet
- Devan Nambiar, Integrative Health Consultant
- Jeffrey Palmer, PWA and Executive Director, Positives for Positives, Cheyenne, Wyoming: we mourn
deeply the loss of Jeff on October 3, 2005.
- Sunil Babu Pant, Director, Blue Diamond Society, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Judith G. Rabkin, Ph.D., M.P.H. (epidemiology), Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry, College of Physicians & Surgeons, Columbia; click here for info on current DHEA study for depression
- Lee Raden, BA, BSN, ACRN, Community Health Nurse for In Home Health Services in Milford, Pennsylvania. HIV Specialist, member of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care.
- Subha Raghavan, Ph.D., Assistant Professor in Clinical Nutrition Medicine, Harlem Hospital Center of College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Ron Rosenes, Board Member, Canadian Treatment Action Council (CTAC), and Community Member, Management Advisory Committee, Natural Health Products Directorate, Health Canada.
- Tony Salandra, Hyacinth Foundation
- Fred Schaich, Director, International Foundation for Alternative Research on AIDS (IFARA)
- Matt Sharp, Coalition for Salvage Therapy and AIDS Treatment Activist Coalition (ATAC).
- Jane Shull, Executive Director, Philadelphia FIGHT
- Kenneth Stailey, Infected with HIV circa 1991, Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) consumer and advocate.
- Andrew Weil, MD, Director, Program in Integrative Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Arizona Health Sciences
- James Wentzy, PWA and Director of DIVA TV
- Daniel White, social scientist, author, composer, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Jackie Wootton, M.Ed., President, Alternative Medicine Foundation, Potomac, Maryland
- Mike Youle, MD, Director HIV Clinical Research, Royal Free Centre for HIV Medicine, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK.
Board of Directors includes Augustus Nasmith, Jr., Mark Kuebel, Lic. Ac., Nina Reznick, Esq.,
Tyrone Traylor and George M. Carter.
In loving memory of an amazing light in the fight against AIDS and for women everywhere, we honor our dear friend and co-founder, Evan Ruderman, who died at 6:10 AM on Tuesday, November 18, 2003. If there is more after we die, may her spirit find new marvels and joys and know of our deep love for her. And in loving memory of our dear beloved friend, Eric Weissman, who helped FIAR to get its fiscal start--and gave it his greaet heart.
Please also see our Memorial page.
* for identification purposes only